James Howell (c.1594 – 1666) was a British author, diplomat and scholar.
- He that hath once got the fame of an early riser, may sleep till noon.
English Proverbs (1659)
- Burn not thy fingers to snuff another man's candle.
- He that hath eaten a bear-pie, will always smell of the garden.
- A hungry man is an angry man.
- To have gold brings fear; to have none brings grief.
Lexicon Tetraglotton (1660)
- Owe money at Easter and Lent will seem short to thee.
- Words and works eat not at one table.
- The Devil turns his back to a door that is shut.
- Happy is he that grows wise by other men's harms.
- God consents but not always.
- Neither go to a wedding nor a christening unbid.
- Affection is blind reason.
- To whom thy secret thou dost tell, to him thy freedom thou dost sell.
- There's fence against all things except death.
- He falls in the pit he digs for others.
- Sometimes an ill favored bitch gnaws a good chord.
- The wealth of a churchman God gives it, and the Devil takes it away.
- Appetite is better than surfeit.
Instructions for Forraine Travel(1642, 1650)
- He will bless God, and love England ever after
( upon a travelling man's return from overseas to England )
CSS ForumsSunday, March 11, 2018
06:40 AM (GMT +5)
06:40 AM (GMT +5)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
U have written it in a very direct and literal way.Try to take a figurative view of it.Although their are no real technical mistakes,but it seems a bit childish,and certainly not up to the level of CSS exam.It may get u a 8,9 out of 20,bur U need more.Try and approach it in a mature and scholarly way.
Word limit has to be 250..This means between 230-270 words.
I shall either find a way,or make one
'Wa tu izzu man-ta shaa, wa tu zillu man-ta shaa'
Last edited by Shooting Star; Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: merged
Sunday, September 25, 2011
A hungry man is an angry man
To attempt the above expansion, we need to justify it with such examples, are occurring not only on the local level but persists on the national level like as the the problem of water sharing and Kala Bagh dam building which has been continuing since long.The political fighting into the parties have disturbed the country because when sindhi people get angry looking at the capacity of water, start protesting leaving no any political figures working the house, fall upon them with none excepting slogans and even bring the impeachment of the law and order where state even does not dare to speak. They protest by calling the strikes to keep the business off for several days and the transport on the road.
like such other examples need to be added to beautify the topic.
your written expansion is doubt right but to attempt it with several other examples will beautify the expansion.
Zakir Hussain Samo
Last edited by Shooting Star; Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 08:14 PM.