From the candy to the costumes, Halloween is a fun-filled time for kids and parents. To help make it a trick-free treat, follow these simple safety tips:
Adorning Your Little Ghouls
- Choose a light-colored costume that's easily seen at night. Add reflective tape or glow-in-the-dark tape to the front and back and to the trick-or-treat bag.
- Only buy a costume labeled "flame-retardant." This means the material won't burn. If you make your own costume, use nylon or polyester materials, which are flame-retardant.
- Make sure wigs and beards don't cover your kids' eyes, noses, or mouths.
- Masks can make it hard for kids to see and breathe. Instead, use nontoxic face paint or makeup.
- Avoid colored or decorative contact lenses, unless they're prescribed by an eye doctor for your child.
- Put a nametag — with your phone number — on your children's costumes.
- To prevent falls, avoid oversized and high-heeled shoes. Make sure the rest of the costume fits well too.
- Make sure that any props your kids carry, such as wands or swords, are short and flexible.
- Don't let kids use knives. Have them draw their designs on the pumpkin with a black marker — then you or an older sibling can do the carving.
- Remove pumpkin guts safely. If your children beg to do it — as many kids do — let your little ones get messy safely by scooping out pumpkin flesh with their hands or an ice cream scoop.
- Clean up the mess. Pumpkin flesh is slippery and can cause falls and injuries when dropped on the floor. Layer newspaper or old cloths under your carving workspace and clean up spills right away so no one slips or trips.
- Skip the candles, which may cause fires. A burning candle in a pumpkin may become a blazing fire if left unattended. Instead, use a glow stick (available in many colors) or flameless candle to safely illuminate your jack-o'-lantern.
- Go with young children (under age 12). Make sure they know how to call 911 in case they get lost. Check to make sure they know their home phone number.
- Know the route taken by older kids who trick-or-treat on their own, and when they'll be coming home. Also be sure that they:
- carry a cellphone, if possible
- go in a group and stay together
- only go to houses with porch lights on
- walk on sidewalks on lit streets (never through alleys or across lawns)
- walk from house to house (never run) and always walk facing traffic when walking on roads
- stay away from candles and other flames
- know to never go into strangers' homes or cars
- cross the street at crosswalks and never assume that vehicles will stop
- Give kids flashlights with new batteries. Kids may also enjoy wearing glow sticks as bracelets or necklaces.
- Limit trick-or-treating to your neighborhood and the homes of people you know.
- When your kids get home, help them check all treats to make sure they're sealed. Throw out candy with torn packages or holes in the packages, spoiled items, and any homemade treats that haven't been made by someone you know.
- Don't allow young children to have hard candy or gum that could cause choking.
Note: Make sure trick-or-treaters will be safe when visiting your home too. Remove anything that could cause them to trip or fall on your walkway or lawn. Make sure the lights are on outside your house and light the walkway to your door, if possible. Keep family pets away from trick-or-treaters, even if they seem harmless to you.
Gobbling Down Halloween Goodies
- Consider buying Halloween treats other than candy. Stickers, erasers, crayons, pencils, coloring books, and sealed packages of raisins and dried fruits are good choices.
- Know how much candy your kids collected and store it somewhere other than their bedrooms. Consider being somewhat lenient about candy eating on Halloween, within reason, and talk about how the rest of the candy will be handled. Let kids have one or two treats a day instead of leaving candy out in big bags or bowls for kids to sample at will.
Halloween is a very amazing holiday, favorite for both kids and adults in America. In fact, it is a night of celebration which involves fun, costumes and candies. It is usually held once every year on 31st, October. Nevertheless, it normally provides an opportunity of dressing up in a scary manner.
Also, people have a choice of attending the celebration, being haunted in their houses or go tricking. In Halloween, every age group has a role to play. What makes the celebration to be amazing is that the All Hallows' Eve traditions got rich on stories, history and religious beliefs. That makes such holiday a good research topic for academic assignments, but usually students don't know how to write an assignment.
Mistakes, Which Many Students Make in Halloween Essay Writing
When writing a Halloween paper, it is important to make a decision of using either the past or present tense. After making your choice, it is advisable to be consistent.
- The plot summaries instead of analysis
You wondered how to write an essay on Halloween holiday and took some scary story as a main topic? Don’t you forget about analytical statements. Even though it is necessary to recount on the plot, the paper should not be a plot summary.
Another mistake which is often committed by students in any essays is incomplete sentences. The writer might start constructing a complex sentence and forget to finish it.
Methods of Effective Writing
You might have been getting busy with ideas for a party. But, you don’t how to write a Halloween essays. There are amazing topics which should be covered within the assignment. Nevertheless, the subject matter is fascinating. Whereas, there are several tricks that might help you, the following are a simple illustration of two methods which will not take too much time or efforts:
#1. Imaginary Pen Pal
Imagine that you have an acquaintance that lives in a nation where All Saints' Eve celebration is not popular. You have to explain all the details about the roots and peculiarities in your essay writing about Halloween holiday. All you need to do is use general facts, your experience and knowledge so as to come up with the speech writing services. Here are few points which are useful in terms of knowing how to write to a friend living in a foreign country:
- In summary talk about the origin of the holiday;
- Say a few words concerning the traditional carvings of the pumpkin as well as adding a couple of the pictures;
- Tell ways of All Hallows' Eve celebration. This involves giving detailed description on how people normally decorate their yards, houses. Apart from that, give an overview of how kids do the “treat or trick” and ways in which people choose their costumes;
- It is also worth remembering to mention how Halloween parties are organized.
#2. Spooky Tale
This is another exciting and easy way on how to write an essay. Make up a scary story! In fact, you should think about good ideas for your story which involves: dead men, witches, and ghost. By minding that description, the vivid details will make the writing interesting. Moreover, the story can be based on the personal experience.
To be precise, you might be talking about how the last All Hallows' Eve was.
Therefore, it is wise to look up for some narration and even articles which are useful. Since the essays are the most recognized academic papers, you need to contact writers who are professionals, well-structured and in-depth. Thus, you will get some useful advice on your query about how to write a work on Halloween holidays. Or you may simply contact the online assistants to order essay or just to get a hint.
This is fun as every person is allowed to do an activity, which they have not done before. Furthermore, it is an ultimate way of thinking that your life is better. If you are an American citizen, we require distractions which can enable us to be a part of the celebration. You can only achieve that through the Halloween party.
As mentioned above, it is a night festival held every year. Being a significant part of our social life it is not surprising that All Hallows' Eve is worth being mentioned among the assignment topics.
The useful tips mentioned above will assist you in not only in the queries about how to do a paper on Halloween paper writing, but also in any type of essays for sale. Therefore, you need to use the guidelines as it is of great benefit to you.